Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Leaf People

I live in a condo, so any time that we can get out and get some fresh air, we take advantage of it. We load Si into the wagon and Aj pulls her around the complex looking at ducks and golfers (we live on a golf course).

The other day we went out for a walk and Aj started picking up leaves and handing them to Si and I like they were presents.  We ended up with a stack of leaves to throw back into the grass (because leaves are NOT allowed in my house) when I had a craft idea... leaf people.

I told Aj and Si that they could each pick one leaf to take home to make a special surprise.

When we got home, we rushed to the table where I pulled out glue, goggle eyes, crayons, pipe cleaners and paper. We glued our leaves, drew arms and legs and then glued on the eyes and mouth. Afterwards I cut them out and glued them onto strips of cardboard (I didn't have Popsicle sticks). Voila! Leaf people!

Craft Supplies:
Leaves
Paper
Crayons
Glue
Goggle eyes
Pipe-cleaners
Cardboard strips or Popsicle sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment