Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Father's Day Gift Idea #1

Father's Day is coming soon so I have decided to dedicate this week to gift ideas for Dad. 

DADDIES DON"T READ MY BLOG FOR THE NEXT WEEK (that means you too Matt and Pop!).

I wanted the kids to make something usable and special for Father's Day, but as I wandered around AC Moore I was at a loss for ideas! Then, I saw some simple glass jars and immediately thought of CANDY!

So, we bought a couple of jars, some Enamel paint, stickers, ribbon and candy and set to work!

Step 1: I let the kiddos paint the jars however they liked and then I set them aside to try (the directions on the paint said to bake them, but i was afraid the glass might break, so I just let them air dry).

Step 2: Once dry, the kids put stickers all over their jars.

Step 3: I wrapped a ribbon around the top and filled with Dad's favorite candy.

It was totally simple and fun to make these jars!

Here are the supplies I used:

I hope your dad enjoys them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment