Saturday, October 6, 2012

Puppet Power

So it's official, I'm a homeschool mom. AJ started Classical Conversations (CC) in August and my brain has been on school overload every since! (which is probably why my blog has suffered).

We do home 'school' Mon-Wed and then meet at a local church for group classes on Thursday morning. Then Friday rolls around and we are all useless! No one wants to learn... not Aj and not me!

So, I decided that Friday would be a fun review day with games! I have been struggling to incorporate French into our curriculum, and thought that Friday might be a good time to do some French learning too. So, Friday is now known as Fun French Friday!

In order to make French fun, I pulled out a couple of old, cheap, very basic puppets and decided I'd use them to keep it 'light'. What I learned was a very important lesson.... just like bubbles and crackers, kids LOVE puppets!

I had two children literately melt down when I tried to put the puppets away. "No mommy, more French!!!!" Crazy! I'm trying to think what other applications these things could have. The 'clean your room' puppet. The 'learn advanced algebra' puppet, etc.

So, next time you have problems getting your little one to work on math, french, reading, etc.... maybe try a puppet!

No comments:

Post a Comment