Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Outside-Inside Box

The standing rule in my house has been that outside items are left outside. The kiddos can find and carry around all the leafs, twigs, rocks, branches, etc. when they are outside, but when we get home, they are to leave them on the mat outside the front door.

Lately there has been much weeping and gnashing of teeth as AJ has fallen IN LOVE with a certain rock or leaf and it pains him to leave it outside in the 'cold'. :)

So, I came up with the 'outside-inside box'. I went to IKEA last week and bought two small plastic bins with lids (for $1.50 each). I let the kids paint them and decorate them with stickers this week and now they have a place to store all of their beloved outside treasures!

Hopefully, the box will calm AJ's aching heart and the lid will keep any possible buggies attached to the treasures out of my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment