Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rainy Day Energy Burner

When it is raining outside (as it has been for a while now) and I am trapped inside with my two tiny Barbadians I have to release the energy some how! Enter- Pillow Jumping!

I grab all the couch cushions and pillows I can find and lay them down flat on the ground. Then I cover them with comforters and blankets to make a large, comfy pit. I put pillows up against any sharp edges that might be near by, then I push the Ottoman up against the pile and let the kids jump! And Jump and Jump!

Usually I turn on some upbeat music and let the kiddos burn all the energy that they can! I have to referee a lot because they think that it would be even more fun to jump on each other! But to avoid any dangerous catastrophes I enforce a strict 'don't jump until the other person is off'' rule. It actually increases the fun because you have to be quick to jump, get up and run around to jump again!

Happy Jumping!


(This is a blurred Si jumping onto our pillow pile)

No comments:

Post a Comment