Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Springtime Caterpillars

To me, caterpillars and egg cartons are synonymous. In fact, whenever I look at an egg carton I see two caterpillars waiting to be created! It was so common to me to make a caterpillar out of an egg carton that it never occurred to me to share our caterpillars with anyone! Then, a friend came over today and said "Oh, how cute! I never thought of that!"

So, today's post is for all those egg eaters out there who are looking for a way to recycle their cartons: Springtime Caterpillars.


We painted the caterpillars one day and then put the decorations on the next. For the back, we glued on sea shells- collected at the beach, and then squeezed more paint on top of them. You could also use sequins, sparkles, stickers or pom poms.

For the antenna, I poked two holes on top and threaded the pipe cleaner through one hole into the next so they wouldn't fall off!

Supplies:
-Egg cartons, cut lengthwise
-Paint
-Pipe cleaners
-Google eyes
-Glue
-Decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment