Friday, April 13, 2012

Still Life

About once a week I pull out an old beach towel, throw down some paper and let the kids paint. Usually it lasts for about 10 minutes, they fill up five sheets of paper, get bored and start painting themselves!

Yesterday, I decided to do things differently.

AJ received an art easel for his first birthday that has been sitting in the back of the closet for three years. I pulled it out and clipped a piece of paper to each side.

Then, I took some old egg cartons, cut them each in half and filled each 'cup' with a different paint color.


Then, put an apple on the counter and asked the kids to paint an apple!

They LOVED it!

I put out Easter eggs, apples, flowers, boxes, everything I could think of that was an easy shape! It was so great! They had SOMETHING to strive for in their painting! It was a blast and worth about 45 minutes of fun!

Yah for still life!

AJ's Apple

Si's Apple


No comments:

Post a Comment